Do you have a dream of publishing a book someday but don’t know where to start? A manuscript that that’s collecting dust because you can’t get it in the hands of an agent or publisher?
One of my favorite things is to help people find a way to finish, publish and distribute their books. I’ll help you figure out how based on your budget and time. I’ll develop a roadmap so that you can do it all yourself! Or if you’re overwhelmed, take it off your hands completely.
And do it in a way so that you keep the rights and understand the process.
Do you need help with:
- I really want to publish my book, but I don’t know how.
- I have an unfinished book and need help with it.
- I have a full-time job and I want to write a book on the side. But I can’t seem to find the time.
- I want to build an online author presence (a website, e-commerce store, social media).
- I’ve written my book, but just want someone to help me get it independently published.
- I just want to write and want someone else to handle the rest.
- I need help getting my book into bookstores and Amazon.
- I want to turn my book into an e-book.
- I don’t know how to record and distribute my audiobook.
- I need help distributing the books I’m selling on my site.
- I need cover design and layout help for my book.
- I want my book translated.
- I need help marketing my book.
- I want someone to ghostwrite my book for me.
- I need a technical writer to help with my manuscript.
- I need developmental, line, or copy editing.
- I want someone to beta-read my book and give me honest feedback.
- OR something else entirely (book related of course) 🙂
If so, get in touch! I reply to every single email.
And here’s more on my unique background:
Educated as a marine engineer, I’ve worked in major shipyards and sailed aboard merchant ships. I worked in ship design. I spent five years developing technical & operational strategies to reduce fuel consumption on merchant ships managing an R&D portfolio of over 300 projects. I spent ten years in the US Navy Reserves and three years on active duty as the Operations Officer in South Korea and the Engineering Officer-in-Charge in Singapore, managing the maintenance activities for over 50 ships across Asia. I’ve managed a staff of around 50 people.
While that work might be in the past, I carry all of that experience in the work I do today. I’m a master time organizer and a systems thinker. I’m efficient and resourceful. I know how to juggle many projects well. And I’m good at figuring things out.
But mostly, I enjoy the process of helping people see how something hard and seemingly unachievable can actually be easy when broken down into easier, actionable steps. And I love helping people see things to completion.
In recent years, I made a shift to freelancing. I’ve worked on many different projects but always seemed to find a home in working with all things book related.
I find a lot of joy in helping people get their words to print. Any writer knows that writing and editing are hard, so my goal is to make the rest of it easy.
I’m a learning addict, and my experience outside of work brings as much to my experience as those I spent working out of the office. I lived out of a backpack for over a year, and I’ve traveled and lived in over 50 countries. I’m a rock climber & hiker. I’m a scuba diver & dancer. I have been a photographer for many years, and I have a blog called The Imperfectionist. I’m a certified yoga teacher and have been playing the piano since I was 4 years old. I read a lot – everything from poetry to literature to philosophy to biographies.
P.S. If you made it to the bottom of this page and want to learn about me, the human, and not just about the things I’ve worked on, visit this page. 🙂