“I’ve never met a person I couldn’t call a beauty.” –Andy Warhol
- Photographer I’m Admiring: Pete Souza, President Obama’s Office White House photographer, for his subversive photo responses to Trump. Find him on Instagram.
- It’s almost Valentine’s Day. Read about five ocean romances.
- Siesta Doors is now on Instagram! Give it a follow.
- A great article at The Atlantic on the disappearance of bumblebees. Studies have found that a fungus called Nosema bombi. “swells in the soft tissue between the bumblebee’s organs until the drone grows so plump it can’t bend its abdomen to mate with the queen.”
- Moby Dick was published in 1851. Some whales that were alive then are still alive today.
- The ocean vaquita population is down to 30 individuals and saiga antelopes are struck by a plague in central Asia. We humans can help.
- I love this infographic on sea turtles at the WWF.
- Remember this the next time you skip the recycling bin.